Promotional ideas

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 30 May 2000 20:33:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/00 6:30:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
pryan2@the-beach.net writes:

<< Our local chapter is looking for ways to promote the piano and its use.
 > We have looked at some ideas as presented in the PTG Business Resources
 > Manual and are considering contacting the National Piano Foundation
 > regarding their SPELLS program.  Some of the ideas we have come up with
 > include going to the music classes at our local schools and giving a
 > presentation about Piano 300 and holding a long piano recital at the
 > mall with as many piano teachers and students as we can rally together
 > (which was included in the PTG manual).  Has anyone else tried anything
 > with any success?  I'm interested in hearing your experiences and ideas.
 >
 > Todd L. Mapes >>

The St. Louis Chapter undertook a project of rebuilding a Baldwin F, (7') for
a concert hall. Baldwin is donating the action parts, I donated the pin
block, another chapter member donated the bass strings. Several technicians
have come to my shop on a more or less regular basis over the last year to
work on the piano. When it is done, it will be in the recital hall of a small
concert hall. Our name will be attached to the piano.

It's a large job, and it is taking a long time to complete it. But we feel it
will give us some publicity, and worth it in the long run.

Willem Blees
St. Louis Chapter