advice on action/hammers

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:50:59 -0600

>Nice posting Keith.. and believe me I aggree with you and our Mr Moffait
>on the
>basic issue here.

Okay.  That's settled.  The basic issue being, restoration of a piano is a
different process than rebuilding one.

>...you will simply never
>achieve anything near total aggreement on the usage or definitions of these
>terms...

You're only confirming what I've openly admitted.

>...I choose then, to not get
>all hung up in the preciseness of word usage because that...

I ask you again, do you perchance read your own posts?

>...Yet he was shot down...

A correction in terminology was made by someone who felt it mattered.  Do
not your posts reflect things that matter to you?

>Like I said... I see the need for standardization, but understand
>that beyond a limited scope in practice such standards dont and never will
>exist. This is not to say that we should give up trying to achieve such
>standards...
>Richard Brekne

Here's where your position becomes somewhat muddled.  You see the need for
standardization, but then you take issue when someone attempts to inform
another of such standards.  Even if it it were true such standards never
will exist beyond a limited scope, what better place than Pianotech List to
be, at least, the limited scope.  If not us, who?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild