Newton´s FIBULA

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:16:12 -0500

Hi Don and Richard B,

Oh, gosh, and I thought I had you all fooled.  Darn, there
goes my cover.

Now if his insurance company wants to make an offer I cannot
refuse well, then I won't refuse.

The driver seems to be a nice guy and he feels real bad
about the accident and I am NOT interested in punishing
him.  His insurance rates are going to go up big time as it
is, but he was in the wrong and I have a mortgagee to pay, a
daughter in college and I am on fixed income and right now I
am paying $30+ a day to have someone come in and help do the
things I just cannot do on crutches, like carry a cup of
coffee across the room, or a plate of food to the
microwave.  Not to mention I had to cancel my class, a
problem with a piano, the ceiling fan isn't going up and
other things like scrubbing the kitchen floor and other
plans I had.  No, I am not interested in screwing anyone
but...I do need some help.  If I tried to get overly much
money from his insurance company we all would end up paying
for that when our rates go up.  There IS no free lunch, for
anyone.  Besides the lawyers will get too much of it and I
need money now, not two or five years down the line.

> And hey... this guy nailed you...and he shouldnt'a done dat.

Boy did he!  I just realized my glasses got real scratched
sliding around on the pavement.  I am sure there are a lot
of other stuff that will show up sometime.  Now, a new set
of glasses...how am I going to get to the Drs. office?  Hmmm

Nuts!  Enough serious stuff for now.

Anyone else have comments about doing funny tricks on the
road?

Have a good evening all.

		Newton