advice on action/hammers

Robert Moffatt moffattr@cadvision.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:28:45 -0700

Dear guys and girls,

Just arrived home..late, and very tired from the great white north, =
regulating & voicing a very "clangy" "D".
I will address, in my own ,soft & sincere words, your comments, in the =
morrow.

Love,

Bob

thank you David... and Keith.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Skolnik=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:06 PM
  Subject: Re: advice on action/hammers

  Guys n' girls-
  I think you're missing the point.  This is not about language.  This =
is about FONTS   and PUNCTUATION!!!!!!       The fault lies in the =
limitations of the printed word.  Mr. Antatres, over there, simply felt =
that if you are going to the trouble of  rebuilding a significant =
portion of a piano, you should rebuild the action as well.  How much of =
it?  You'll probably find a range of opinions there as well.

  Mr. Moffat chose to focus on the use of that trigger word "Restore".  =
His post made copious use of  underlining, exclamation points!!!!, and =
italics!!!!   It's hard not to hear in it a certain chastizing tone.  =
This may not have been his intent.  If only he had signed it :  LOVE =
BOB!!!! , much of the ensuing  acrimonious exchange might have been =
avoided.

  It is also clear, by the size of the responding font, that Mr. =
Antares's feelings were hurt at such treatment.  Also note if you will,  =
the absence of  "Friendly Greetings..."  Very ominous!  Last time his =
feelings were hurt he went away for quite a while.   It would be very =
sad/unfortunate for that to happen again.  Please, someone apologize.  =20

  At 06:11 PM 10/31/2000 +0100, you wrote:=20

           Dear Mr Moffat,

           Thank you for the 'correction'.
        Because I live in a country where the native language is not =
English, it might be possible that I made an error.=20
        After reading your e-mail is obvious that I made an error.=20
        I apologize for making that error.

        Mr Antares