Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:37:15 -0500

We sell both PianoDisk and QRS systems.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. QRS was the first one out of
the gate with a combined CD/floppy system-before PianoDisk and Yamaha did.

Support has been excellent from QRS. They're based in PA-about 6 1/2 hours
from us. They're picking up a grand to do a factory installation for us
today. We also do our own installs, but it's very convenient for us and
economical to use the factory. When we've needed parts or support we've
gotten it very promptly. An example-we needed to upgrade a ROM chip on the
AMC (analog midi controller-the floppy/cd unit) to be compatible with a
flash rom upgrade. I was talking to the Seneca PA factory, one of our guys
in the shop was talking to their Naples FL office. The next morning we had
two rom chips in hand via FedEx.

BTW: reliability has been excellent on the QRS.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
Souderton PA
http://www.dprint.com/grafton/
gleng@fast.net
800-272-5980

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.