Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:07:58 EST

Interesting bunch of posts and ancilliary threads from this PD vs QRS
thingee.............

 In my opinion it all boils down to preference and familiarity.
The one overriding and 'very' salient factor in all of these systems,
QRS/PD/Pmatn/Concert Mstr/Disclavier, is the absolutely outstanding
reliability and function that each give the consumer.

Any of these systems will give excellent service... when... they
.....have..... been.... installed.... 'and'.... adjusted.... correctly. There
is no dispute here...is there??

 So if there is no dispute here then it comes down to
preference/familiarity/preconceived notions...doesn't it?
Each of us is entitled to their own opinions of playing systems and I think
that is what is being displayed...and that is as it should be.

 There is the fact that in my 'opinion' the "key hold" only "feature" sucks,
musically, but there 'is' an avalable solenoid to allow full sustain...isn't
there?  The prices of all the various units are comparable, not the same but
comparable,..aren't they?

 Now that leaves "service".......although I do installs I will 'not' provide
service on any units I have not installed. The reason here is that I have
seen way too many botched installs that are 'mostly' workable but would be
better off being torn out and re-installed correctly. I grew tired of taking
the heat for these poor installs and being the object of anger for those
customers....soooooo I just say NO! :-)  Does this attitude make me
non-professional? I don't think so but................

Bottom line....my opinion.... each of the systems have their own strengths
and weaknesses....make your choice, install correctly, adjust correctly and
feel safe in thinking that your customer will receive long, reliable and very
satisfactory service from any of these systems.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)