Re: Newton´s FIBULA

Robin Blankenship itune@new-quest.net
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:38:19 -0500

Dear Conrad,
Sorry. That was supposed to just be the set up for the punch line about
checks and balanciers. It was intended as a pun, admittedly the lowest form
of humor if the other guy thinks of it first. Of course, the list is no
place for serious, personal topics.
Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: Newton4s FIBULA

Robin,

You wrote:
>Kristinn, here in the USA piano tuners don't have a sense of humor. I
>mean, just look at the total lack of topical political humor on the list
>lately.

Au contraire.  I have a number of private posts, and have deleted MANY
more, from denisons of this list and they run the gamut of topics.

Kristinn,

>Oh, ja, ja, keep forgetting.
>
>Actually I think it4s a good thing to keep domestic politics out of the
>list, ....

Yes, Kristinn, you are right.  The historical temperment of this list, in
order to retain a well ordered technical discourse, has been to refrain
from political discussions which easily reverse a well-meant comment into a
mean toned argument.

Relationships built on this list could be shattered by political or
religious comments.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.