broken string in Ricca piano

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:52:20 -0800

Stephen:
    Are you a technician?  You seem to know the right terminology.
    If not, I'd just call some local technician and have him replace the
string .  The supply houses can duplicate it for you.  If it is part of
a pair, duplicate both for better tone match.  Universal replacement
strings are also available, and many technicians have a set of these
with them.  The tone match isn't as good, though.
    I also recommend that the technician be a member of the Piano
Technician's Guild, and preferably a registered technician of the same.
They will know best how to take care of the problem.
    Good luck.
    Paul McCloud