Way cool!

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sat, 04 Nov 2000 20:24:19 +0000

Yo, dudes an' dudettes!

Zone in, zone out.  O.K., back to normal.
Darn mushrooms by the freeway...

Yesterday I went with our piano movers to deliver a new Steinway C (yes it
exists you know, 227cm, a B is 211cm and D is 274cm)

We had to drive for three hours.  There was a congregation in a town of 500
people that bought it.  There were dozens of people there to watch when we
put it up...(joke) and dropped it off the stage. (unjoke).

We tuned it in the store, and itīs amazing what the tuning can take.  I
mean, we were driving over a high moor that wasnīt even paved for several
kilometers (in a very good Mercedes van actually).  I touched up some 5
strings, and proceeded eating the cakes we were offered.
Such fun!  The first guy that played the grand said "This is like the
difference between a Mercedes and...something else!", whatever that meant.

And *I* get to look forward to getting stuck up on that damn moor in
January.  Not the same one as last December though, but worse.

Itīs difficult holding a plate in one hand and typing with the other, you know,

Kristinn