Terms

Henk Cousijn h.cousijn@chello.nl
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:42:52 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: Terms

> Albertien,
> At 15:22 11/05/2000 +0100, you wrote:
> >At 13:07 3-11-00 -0700, you wrote:
> > >   My two sons restore pianos at the Chinook Keyboard  Museum in
Calgary
> > >under the  guidance of Bill Garlick. They are currently rebuilding  a
> > >Pleyel Duo Clave.
>
> > > It is to our knowledge one of maybe 6 known to exist. Vintage is 1913.
> >
> >I remember there also was one in Paris or Versailles, that makes 4. Do
you
> >know the whereabouts of the others?
>

> There is a Duo Clave at the Schubert Club in St Paul, Minnesota, USA.  I
> last saw it about three years ago and it was not on display.  It has a
> couple nasty cracks in the plate as I recall. The curator there, Dick
> Sorenson (sp?), would be the one to contact for particulars.
> http://www.schubert.org/
>
> Conrad
>
> Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA
> Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.-Haitian
proverb

Conrad,

Just recently I joined this forum. I'm a dutch pianotechnician and at the
moment exploring all there is at the Internet about piano's, pianomusic,
technique and so on.
I saw your "talk" with Albertien and thougt: hey hey, I can contribute here
(in Dutch that is).
I know of a Duo Clave from Pleyel in a museum called "Het Vleeschhuis"" in
Antwerpen, Belgium. I don't think the instrument is in a very good
condition, but I'm not shure of that. And there seems to be one in the
Museum of Bruxelles, also Belgium,
but here my informant was not shure of the brand.

If you want more information about this tell me and I 'll dig it up.

Greetings from Holland
Henk Cousijn, Arnhem