Dead note--no sustain

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:42:08 -0800

Dear List,
Would anyone like to respond to Jeff's inquiry, below?

From: JEFFREY ARNOLD <FREYPIANO@email.msn.com>
To: ptj@ptg.org
Subject: Q&A

I was hoping to find a place for Q&A in the journal, so I hope this doesnt
waste to much of your time but I've got a Kawai studio with one note (5
below the treble break), that has o.k. attack, but no decay and short
sustain. Only one note has this sounding problem. Termination points seem
fine. It sounds almost like a frequency fighting with the plate or
something. I have had this problem before on a different studio piano and
have not solved the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank
you for your time and consideration of this message.
Jeffrey Arnold , Appleton Chapter 549 Wisconsin   freypiano@msn.com

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net