Rippen (was enter)

Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:50:15 +0100

Mr. Rudyard. (or Antares or Albertien de Pater(Welcome))

I had to pitch raise and tune a Rippen today!
Number 11000  something!

My question is:
Because of the  long "non speaking" area of the string next to the pins. (Sorry for my bad explaination but I'm exhausted) you know what I mean. How is the best way of doing this on a Rippen (pitchraise + tune)? I suppose you done some?

My Index fingers hurts from banging.
Yes the bass is very good!
I told the guy a knew who glued the hammers!
I think I know why Rippen went out of buiseness. You run out of treble string
I will read about the free floating board tomorow.

Stop I'm not finnished

> > > As a Neanderthaler?
> > >
> > No as a Netherlander
>
> Yes very good!
> It sounds 2 bites different,
> Thank you, now i feel a warm welcome, thank you.

That was really my point but being a Neanderthaler I not very good to express myself.

> Do you have any suggestions?
> For a little family.
>
> Norway isnt Farway isntit?
>
> Thank you,
> Rudyard.

This Rippen piano was at the most west part of Norway (Closest to USA and Iceland!). A Community with 950 persons and 1700 Islands. There haven't been a tuner there for 6 years! The "Pitchraise Island"
There war no road to this piano. We had to go there with boat. The owner rents out a House for tourists. Maybe you should bring your family and tune this piano next time.
By the way, there lived a Dutch family at the farm I'm renting before me! Norway is beutiful!

Yours
Ola Andrersson
A swede in Norway.