Baldwin Hamilton

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 00:35:37 -0600

Hi all,

First, let me say I am not damning this line of pianos, I mention the name
because I want specific advise (though I suppose the advice could be
applied to other pianos with similar designs).

The inevitable has started to happen. A Baldwin Hamilton (specifically the
125 year edition) is failing to repeat because there are no key leads on
the wippen side of the balance rail in the keys, so the capstans press up
against the wippens all the time.

The keys are not "tight" at the balance rail hole, nor at the blance rail
bushings and front rail bushings.

Solutions?

How long did Baldwin do this to the Hamilton series?

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/

3004 Grant Rd.