Monitoring Humidity

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:11:32 -0600

Dampp-Chaser sells one for around $25.00.  Very small. Temp/RH  in Celsius
and Fahrenheit.  Most Parts Suppliers sell them.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of N Luehrmann
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 12:47 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Monitoring Humidity

I would like to get a small hygrometer (digital or dial) to monitor the
humidity level around my piano.  I went to Radio Shack, as someone here
suggested and all they sell is a rather large Temperature/Humidity reader
(about the size of a paperback book).

Does anyone here know where you can get just a simple hygrometer?  Would the
kind of humidity readers used for cigar boxes work?  These are quite small
(about the size of a silver dollar), but I suppose their accuracy maybe less
than desired.

Nils Luehrmann