a junky piano

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:27:07 -0800

I have played the piano a few times (or at least tried, as half or more of
the notes don't work).  I have heard a tape recorded in 1982 at the same
place where that piano is, and based on what the piano sounds like in the
tape and what I remember of the piano when I tried to play it, I think it's
the same one.  On the tape, I think all the notes work, cause I remember
hearing passages hit where now the keys aren't even there.  The piano was
dreadfully out of tune on the tape (probably around 100 or 150c flat).  If
anyone wants a clip, I can cut out a 10-15 second mp3 from the beginning of
a song which gives you an idea of how far out it is and send it to anyone
who wants to hear it.  Unfortunately I can't send attachments of that size
to the list.