Politics!

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 05:14:07 -0600

At 23:21 11/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill Clinton made much of his electoral college victory to give credence to
>the notion that he had a "mandate" from the American people to implement his
>policies. He, who won 43% of the popular vote. It all depends on who's ox is
>being Gored.
>
>Robin Blankenship

 From a purely cynical point of view:
Question:  To how many recounts is a candidate entitled?
Answer:  As many as the Lincoln Bedroom Investment Club allows.

More seriously:

Today is 11/11.  This day was originally designated as Armistice Day to
commemorate the end of WW I (i.e. the Great War, War to End all Wars), and
now known as Veterans' Day (US) and Remembrance Day (Can).  I urge you all
to take some time to remember those people who fought and died so that we
all can have an open and heated debate on politics without the fear that we
will all be in jail tomorrow.

Conrad Hoffsommer
US Navy 1967-1973
Machinist's Mate (Nuclear)