Yamaha tuning problem

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:19:50 -0500

Mostly likely these are scaling problems.  I have wondered
about the tuning of certain older Yamahas like the P1 and
the P2-B and a couple of grands I have seen over the years.
I never took the time to take a measurement or three but if
you send me the speaking length, core and wrap diameter of
one or two notes we can to the calculations and know for
sure.

Bridge, board and rib design do effect tone but I doubt as
much as these basses.

A redesigned set of bass strings could do wonders for these
pianos.

Send me the numbers and we can have more real data to talk
with.

		Newton