Public School Bash

Dan Hallett Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:32:50 -0500

Thanks for your understanding, Newton. And, when you are in the music part
of Public education with performances added, it gets even wore exhausting.
But when I started (I'm retired from teaching now) there was not nearly so
many added responsibilities, and it was fun. Glad I have only pianos to
fight with now.
Dan Hallett, RPT

public school bash

I am beginning to think that too much is expected of the teachers.  Teach
all day, lesson plans and grade papers all night, three and four days a
week?  Too much.  You cannot
work well when you are in a perpetual state of exhaustion.  Would you do all
that crap for a living?  Not me brother, not me.  The solution is not more
money, get more help into
the class room so the teacher can do the important job, teach.  Grading
papers, administration duties, security issue and discipline problems do NOT
belong in the class
room.  That should not be the teachers job.
Newton