Politics!

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:07:22 +0100

Actually,, I am not really sure exactly what the reason was they formed the
electoral collage... Probably had it in Civics class at some point.. But I
seem to remember that it had somewhat to do with not having complete 100 %
trust in the individual voters... and also they perhaps wanted to arrange
things sorta like the house of representatives is arranged.. to distribute
the "weight" of the states out so that one heavily area of the country
wouldnt be able to totally dominate the results. Course that was back when
New York was the only heavily populated state.. California was still in
Mexican hands.

I dont think the intention had anything to do with the indifference... but I
wouldnt be suprised that the resistance to getting rid of it touches on this
issue.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.