Veterans' Day

Robin Blankenship itune@firstsaga.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 14:47:05 -0500

Amen.

Robin Blankenship
Chief Musician, US Navy (Ret.)
1968-1988
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JStan40@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 1:32 PM
  Subject: Veterans' Day

    More seriously:=20

    Today is 11/11.  This day was originally designated as Armistice Day =
to=20
    commemorate the end of WW I (i.e. the Great War, War to End all =
Wars), and=20
    now known as Veterans' Day (US) and Remembrance Day (Can).  I urge =
you all=20
    to take some time to remember those people who fought and died so =
that we=20
    all can have an open and heated debate on politics without the fear =
that we=20
    will all be in jail tomorrow.=20

    Conrad Hoffsommer=20
    US Navy 1967-1973=20
    Machinist's Mate (Nuclear)=20

  Thank you, Conrad, for bringing up the subject.  Amen!=20

  Stan Ryberg=20
  5th USArmy Band=20
  Ft. Sheridan IL=20
  1963-1966=20

  (Yes, those of us who marched and played had a stake in it, too!)=20