Pools and Pianos

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:15:33 -0500

>The plain wire is gone..but there are no 'brown' spots on the wound wire..I
>find this somewhat puzzling..if rust were to be that prevelant on the plain
>wire, shouldn't I see rust on the wound wire as well?..and wouldn't it show
>up as 'brown' spots on the wound wire?

Unless you're talking about the core wire (steel) I wouldn't hold my
breath for the copper windings to turn brown at the same rate that
the steel will rust. The copper will tarnish at a different rate,
probably turning a dull brown, or maybe even greenish azure if enough
odd chemicals waft over from the chorine-laden pool waters.

Good luck,

Patrick