Veterans' Day

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:06:22 EST

In a message dated 11/11/00 12:46:22 PM Central Standard Time,
JStan40@AOL.COM writes:

<< Today is 11/11.  This day was originally designated as Armistice Day to
 > commemorate the end of WW I (i.e. the Great War, War to End all Wars), and
 > now known as Veterans' Day (US) and Remembrance Day (Can).  I urge you all
 > to take some time to remember those people who fought and died so that we
 > all can have an open and heated debate on politics without the fear that
we
 > will all be in jail tomorrow.
 >
 > Conrad Hoffsommer
 > US Navy 1967-1973
 > Machinist's Mate (Nuclear)

 Thank you, Conrad, for bringing up the subject.  Amen!

 Stan Ryberg
 5th USArmy Band
 Ft. Sheridan IL
 1963-1966

 (Yes, those of us who marched and played had a stake in it, too!) >>

Amen

Willem Blees
5th US Army Band
Ft. Sheridan, Ill  1963-1965 (yes, Stan I played in the same band way back
then)

I also played in a band in Viet Nam. We played in liberated villages, and
marched in a big parade in Saigon. I also saw a little action. (gun fire that
is, but also the other kind :) )