Notes of a Piano Tuner

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:53:56 -0500

Roy,

I bought it, read it, and recommended it, but that doesn't necessarily
mean I thought every sentence was exquisite.  I think I wasn't the only
one to recommend it, and maybe not the first.  Your response just goes
to show that we're not all going to like the same thing.  Regarding your
quote from the book, it appears you gave only the first two sentences of
a longer story.  I suspect that from even some of the world's great
literary masterpieces, two sentences taken out of context could sound
rather lame.

I tend to agree that the text is "over-embellished," as you say.  I
should send you a copy of my annual Christmas letter.  I do this kind of
embellishment, and every year people tell me they're waiting eagerly for
the next issue.  I'm sure there are those who can't stand it, but of
course they don't tell me that.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger