Politics!

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:00:39 -0600

I suspect that underneath all the "politics" there IS a discussion about
piano tuners / technicians, in that while I haven't been keeping track,
there does seem to be a definite lean to conservatism with more of us being
Bush supporters than Algore. Not too surprising considering the nature of
our self employment status in most cases.

We have a relatively unique window into the finances of the Nation, State,
County etc. as our donations to the IRS are not done by some unknown bean
counter in the front office - rather, we get to write the check ourselves. I
suggest that if all the people in this country that cash their paycheck
(after deductions) every Friday had to actually sit down and write the check
every quarter to the IRS there'd be a revolution.

But then I'm from Minnesota where we elected a 3rd party (Governor
Turnbuckle) to the Governorship, so what do I / we know? License plates have
been cut big time and we all got a substantial income tax rebate.

Sure it's somewhat redundant and out of scope of tuning and restoring, but
so is one question about humidity and 88 people recommending a Damppshaser.
I vote we continue the dialogue. There is one heck of a lot of other
thanksBobgreattoseeyouovertheweekendatthe "stuff" on this list - an
intelligent dialogue over one of the most important Presidential elections
ever in this country doesn't seem to be that far out of place. Thanks for
the ear.

Roy Ulrich