Warning hot steam! (off topic)

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 01:05:52 +0000

It would seem that some of our overseas participants have
nothing else to do but comment on our political situation

Too bad there are not more pianos out there for them to tune.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio

Bob,

Yes, the foreigners are the evil ones.  We all know that.

What kind of persecution is this?  Is that isolationism?

Give us a break.

Just look at the "politics" thread.  There were just as many Americans
writing in on that as there are others.  Thatīs a very unfair statement Bob.

Give us a break, I repeat!

This is a topic thatīs extremely hot, and itīs quite understandable that
the *friends* here are discussing it a bit, even though it isnīt piano
related.  It will faze out.  Things of this magnitude will inevitably get
into the list without a moderator.

Maybe you should sign up for that.  I know youīd be perfect for the job!

Thereīs nothing you can do about it, and itīs not the foreignersī fault.
This is the nature of the Internet, Bob.
There is and will be TOO MUCH data.  Itīs inevitable that the "archives"
will get clogged up, if thatīs your concern.
It wouldnīt matter if the posts were all carefully designed to fit the
exact standards of the list, regarding relevance of this or that aspect, it
isnīt possible to sift through them in a short time.  They have to be
changed, all the useless matter taken out and the rest categorized,
cross-referenced, etc. etc..

And as for bandwidth and lost space... our phone lines can take it.

Now Iīll get back to my 4-week waiting list thank you very much!

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland