SV: Hallå Stephen Birkett

Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 02:39:54 +0100

> Ola Andersson wrote:
>
> > I'm so fashinated by your comments and is very intrested in your work.
> >
> > Are history instruments a "interest", "life style"or is it possible to make a living on it?
> > How much modern piano work do you do compared with the history instruments?
> > Do you have a shop where you sell instruments and how many of them are made by you and how many are Rebuild ? I there a web page? Do you do alot traveling and consulting? And more buisesness secrets...?
>

> > In Norway there is very little interest for Music History.
>
> ????????????????????? Who have YOU been talking too ??

I'm happy you asked

Dizzy Gillespie, Wolfgang Guettler, Charlie Haden, Klaus Stoll. Don Cherry, Maurice Andre, Red Mitchel, Christer Sjögren, Petrucciani, Jan Garbarek, Danny Richmond, Bjørk, Frank Gambale, and many many  many more but not Stephen Birkett. I would very much like to put him on my list.

After 25 years on the music scene playing all styles of music, comparing cities like Stockholm. Paris. Berlin. Amsterdam.Copenhagen. Reykjavik to Norway, My impression is Norway is not intrested in Music history
And if you also invite me for a Turkey dinner I tell you more.

Ola Andersson