Quicky Quiz - What wuzit?

bhebert BHebert@compuserve.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:36:23 -0500

Either protruding jack (fly) pin or food between the keys

Blaine Hebert
bhebert@compuserve.com

Message text written by INTERNET:pianotech@ptg.org

Okay boys and girls, back to pianos.

I came across an interesting situation today.  See if you can
guess what it was.

The piano: A Steinway 'D' about fifteen years old.

A concert was to be held this evening.  Before arriving for the
tuning I was informed that there were two keys/notes in the bass
that were "playing together".  Sure enough when I arrive I find
two notes, C-2 and C#-2 playing at the same time.  The keys move
together playing both notes at once.

HINT:  There were NO foreign object in the action.

What Wuzit?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

<