Where moth and rust doth corrupt(zero political content)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:09:52 -0600

>>You got it used? You hadn't needed to look at the action until now?
>
>I am in the two ring circus of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and "let
>sleeping dogs lie".   I was not in on the selection of the instrument,
>(though I did have to rig it for the crane to put it in the second floor
>window).  I did go over the regulation on arrival, but it wasn't heavily
>used while it was in a voice studio.  Once it got to a practice room, what
>was left of the bushings wore quickly, and I got to see "the rest of the
>story".
>
>>  How would you know what the condition of the back rail cloth was when
>> the piano
>>came in?
>
>Obviously, I didn't. - see above.

Hi Conrad,
That wasn't a criticism, just a clumsy attempt at a logic chain. I quite
understand how it got there in an uninspected condition. Been there myself,
and recently. I was just thinking that if it had been in the building for a
couple of years without anyone noticing clouds of moths coming out of the
piano (viable eggs hatch and make nasty little eaters that eventually fly
out where they can be seen - to avoid being eaten by the nasties if for no
other reason), there probably isn't anything still living there. No moths =
no crawlies = no danger = no need for smelly stuff.

Ron N