EGroups

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:33:46 -0700

At 09:40 PM 11/14/2000 -0500, Phil wrote:
>John/List,
>
>another list that I subscribe to uses egroups..there is NO spam, like you
>said..you have to put up with banners unless you pay to eliminate them, like
>that group did.

My email from the other group with which I'm involved comes in text form
with no banners. There are banners on the WWW page, but that's nothing.

>If anything were to happen to Andy or this particular software that is used
>for this list, egroups could handle this group easily..the time delay from
>send to receive  is about the same with egroups.

This group (the PTG Pianotech) has the advantage of being semi-private,
although the archives are available to anyone. There are a lot of messages
here that would not be appropriate for a message area that anyone can
easily find. The Egroup has other advantages though, namely file transfers
and chat.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom