oddities puzzler

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:17:06 -0600

>Maybe this is another reason to not use WD-40 on the strings! Applied too
>much and it slipped right out? (just kidding) I don't have a clue what
>happened. Maybe the last stringer couldn't figure out where it was supposed
>to go, but did not want to remove it because he/she knew it went somewhere
>there.

So they did the old "Cask of Amontillado" trick on it and just walled it
in? I have no idea either. This was a first for me.

>I service a Bush & Lane "Upright Grand". Yea, sure, I thought the first time
>I saw it. But the plate is four sectioned, with the top two having real capo
>bars, and the other two having agraffes. And upon looking at the back, low
>and behold, was a full laminated bent rim on the two sides and bottom within
>the square outer case. Truly was a grand that was upright - but, of course,
>the beast did have a seemingly standard upright action. A real pain getting
>mutes in around the capo bars also - the hammer go right up to them!
>
>Terry Farrell

This grand seemed to me like it was a pretty nice instrument at one time,
and could be again if it wasn't trapped forevermore in church donation
purgatory, where all hope is abandoned upon entry. Too bad, I'd love to
take a whack at it.

Ron N