Yamaha Damper Felt

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:43:50 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> List, I just got off the phone with Yamaha parts. I wanted to order some
> Yamaha damper and hammer rest rail felt. He asked me what was the Yamaha
> serial number of the piano I am working on. I told him that my 1901
> Bechstein did not have a Yamaha serial number - but I could look again, just
> in case. He said he would not sell Yamaha felt for any project that did not
> have a Yamaha serial number.

Unless I am sadly mistaken Schaff carries Yammaha felt, keytops and the like...
but its been a long time since I ordered anything stateside... I see Yamaha has
learned the "lets be snobs" thing by the sound of your comments.... Sheeshhh...
wont sell felt for chrimminees sakes because its not a Yamaha... Where do some
people get off..??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.