oddities puzzler #2

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:23:40 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> I'm off to the shop now to fix it. Name "it".
>
> Ron N

Window # 2  !!!

no... seriously... I have seen similiar problems relating to actions being
hastily put in and not set on the foot sockets.. I wouldnt be suprised if the
answer was somewhat related. On the other hand you say this is the first time
you've run into this particular problem on an upright.  I have never seen lost
motion to that degree on a grand myself... so perhaps I am barking up the wrong
tree.

An "it" eh... as in a singular thing.  hmmmmm.... But I am afraid I dont quite
understand the part where you say you lifted the whippens by hand and got the
same affect. Were you not able to lift them up to where the lost motion was
eliminated ? Or could you not lift them beyond that point ?
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.