Schaff/American Piano Supply

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:00:22 EST

Hi List,

In my most recent American Piano Supply invoice, I received a note from the
Schaff folks telling me of the merger of the two companies.  The note also
gave notice of the issuance of a single price list for both companies.  I
haven't dealt with Schaff before but I gather from the list that the prices
are higher and the service is somewhat better.

I am considering the purchase of two Artist's benches for my piano studio
and I am wondering what kind of price increase I can expect. I can only
assume that the issuance of a single price list for both companies means an
increase (I hope to be wrong..)  Can I expect Schaff to charge what American
called it's "retail" price?  How much more does Schaff usually charge on
like items?

I'm looking for some quick information in order to make a business decision.
  I'm not upset that Schaff decides to charge more as long as the increase
is reasonable and I can expect better service.  I don't want to start anyone
ranting about piano parts suppliers.

We can do that later...

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY

"Hold on to your dreams, unless you dream of porcupines..."