Balance Rail Felt Punching Theory

Bud Schwab budschwab@earthlink.net
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:58:08 -0800

Speaking of ballance rail punchings  in an emergency when you need to do a
minor bit of key leveling and don't have any paper punchings handy, you can
take the felt punching and turn it a little bit at a time.  The punching is
actually ccompacked thinner at the front and back so by turning them you
get a thicker portion where it raisedds the key slightly.  A good temporary
fix.

Bud Schwab

At 06:05 AM 11/18/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Subject: Re: Balance Rail Felt Punching Theory
>

> > >I'd be interested in hearing other's ideas too.
> > >

> > >Ron N
>
> > >Hi Ron,
> >                I like to use the medium woven white thingee's,  Place them
> > on a flat surface and iron them with a warm clothes iron, it will lay the
> > nap down, and make them very stable.
> > The right blend of low noise and stability for me.
> > Wacking them with a large hammer produces similar results.
> >
> > To each his own.
> >
> > Roger
> > Roger Jolly
>
>somewhere in the dim misty past I think I remember an advertisment for
>punchings on a threaded rod kept compressed by a  wing nut.   ---ric

                                                 Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, california