NEW STRINGS

Rogerio Cunha rogeriocunha@ajato.com.br
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:20:15 -0200

To the list

I am interested in rescaling an old piano and I need to keep special =
attention in order to use low tension on the strings because the piano =
is old and I don't want to affect it's structure.
I would like also to keep the inharmonicity well scaled.
What is the best way to do it? To use the Fairchild charts? To use the =
Piano Rebuilder's Handbook of Treble String Tensions? There are another =
good charts to be used in a spreadsheet ?
I was calculating some notes and I found that the Ic of Fairchild is =
quite different of the Donelson's Ic. Who is correct?
Thanks to all

Rogerio Cunha
IC Member of the Piano Technicians Guild
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil