Frozen Agraff

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:20:23 -0800

How about plugging the hole completely with lock N' Stitch
screws?  Once the hole is filled it could be re-drilled and
re-tapped as original.  If you are not familiar with Lock N'
Stitch screws, they are special metal fusing screws used for
repairing cast iron and have recently become a popular method of
repairing cracked plates.  I successfully repaired a broken plate
about a year ago with these.  Anyway, this may work.  The link
specific to this product, ("L" series pins), is here:

http://www.locknstitch.com/AboutLSeries.htm

Lock N' Stitch also makes inserts specifically for repairing cast
iron screw holes.  The link to this product is here:

http://www.locknstitch.com/inserts.htm

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV