temperament

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:20:43 -0200

Hi,

> I had him tune my reeds with 2 cent wide 5ths rather than the 2 cent
> narrow 5ths that the builder gets from his strobe tuner.  Everyone
> who plays my uniquely tuned accordion is atonished by its sound,
> including the maker.

I can imagine! It looks like you hide the "wolves" between push and pull
ranks, so that the worst deviation from just is like, a (one?) third
sharp by 6 cents (vs. what, 14 cents in 12tET). It's a really neat, if
idiosyncratic system.

> Yes, it is interesting that a wide 5th somehow sounds much more
> tolerable than a narrowed one.  But consider the octave, it does too.

I agree, and your 1202 cent octaves seem an advantage, but I've been
playing a guitar with flat octaves which aren't uncomfortable. Nice,
"big" sound from chords.

Thanks for posting this.

Clark