Piano Finishes

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:37:29 EST

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Well, here I sit boxed into refinishing (or making ill-fated attempts to) a
 piano again. I am stuck on waterbase. I am eyeing OXFORD PREMIUM SPRAY
 LACQUER (1000 Series) water-base finish by Target Coatings. Has anyone tried
 it? Two features it claims attracts my interest: 100% burn in, so no
 "witness lines" when flat-sanding final coat and ease of
 flat-sanding/polishing - the big one being 100% burn-in. That is where I
 have had problems in the past. Anyone????????

 I haven't even started yet, and the desperation & out-of-control feeling is
 already setting in :-(.

 Terry Farrell >>

Terry

If you don't want to refinish, why are you doing it?  I used to refinish, but
I didn't like doing it and I wasn't very good at it. I now subcontract all my
refinishing out. If you can't find someone to do it for you, then just tell
the customer you don't do refinishing. Let the customer find her/his own
refinisher.

I am not yelling at you. I am just asking a question, that you should be
asking yourself. Be honest with yourself, and know your limitation.

Willem