..stability issue..

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:50:24 -0600

Hi Rook,

I would suggest that ladies look better in skirts. Fabricate a nearly floor
length "curtain" out of a vapour proof material so that the humidity
control systems are working on the pianos and not the environment. I also
suggest using *one* humidistat for both systems and running cords between
them. I have had situations where using 2 humidistats caused the DC units
to "fight" one another.

Are the hammers hard? If so softening them will give a "wider" acceptable
unison.

At 08:51 AM 11/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Good Morning.
>
>There are 2 Baldwin "R"'s in a restaurant that I have been trying to
>maintain as a customer..frankly, I am getting frustrated with the complaints
>that they won't stay in tune.
>
>I have:
>
>seated all strings.
>beat the heck out of all strings while tuning.
>added DC to both.
>tried to educate the player..some people just don't want to listen or hear
>what's being said..he is not a 'hard' player.
>
>..still the same complaints..one piano is being played 6 nights a week while
>the other is used sparingly..it is the complaint that Piano#1 goes out of
>tune within a week of me being there and Piano#2 lasts 2 weeks..now please
>understand that 'out of tune' means, to this person, that some unisons are
>starting to drift.
>
>Both pianos are scheduled to be tuned every 2 months.
>
>The restaurant's climate is not ideal, and that is why I suggested the DC
>for both..but it doesn't seem to be adding any stability to my work.
>
>I have questioned my own 'technique'..but only with this customer, which
>makes me think that it's not my technique preventing these pianos from
>staying in tune since I don't have this complaint with any other customers
>that tune as frequently as this one does.
>
>Does anyone have a suggestion for improved stability, based on what's been
>said here?
>
>At wits end,
>Rook

Regards,