Insurance claim

BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:20:43 EST

Mostly smoke initially but beware!  The amount of water poured into a fire
and the resultant steam generated will initiate the oxidation process and in
a matter of days, you will see visible evidence everywhere.  The soundboard
and ribs, bridges, all felt will be suspect as well as hammer head glue
joints.

Personally, I would recommend replacement to your client.  These instruments
will not ever be the same.  They can probably be salvaged; however, but will
eventually have to be re-strung at the very least.  If dense water vapor and
steam got into the action, you've got a serious problem which will continue
to deteriorate rapidly over time and new parts will be the solution.

If you are not a dealer yourself, I would contact one and try to put yourself
in the loop somehow as your word carries a lot of weight with your customer
and, for your time and credubility you should receive at the very least a
commission.  Also, for your time and trouble, you should help evaluate the
replacement pianos you recommend.

I would be interested in the pianos if they are not traded as I have the
facilities to deal with this type of damage.

Hope this helps, but with any type of water damage, be very wary.

tom mc nabb