..stability issue..

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:35:47 -0600

When Tony Bennett played NE Minnesota in about "93 the contract called =
for tuning "before the sound check, rehearsal, 1st and 2nd shows." Once =
prior to a performance then doesn't, by comparison, seem like overkill.

Roy Ulrich
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BUNKYPIANO@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 6:04 AM
  Subject: Re: ..stability issue..

  If the pianos are played every day for an extended period of time, and =
are=20
  getting twangy between full tunings, why not establish a touch-up =
schedule=20
  daily?  It will take you 5 mins for each piano daily and you can =
charge=20
  appropriately, a service call perhaps?=20

  During the large festivals, we do a complete tuning on every piano =
every day,=20
  and touch-ups start as early as 5 hours later, around 1pm and continue =
every=20
  45 mins or so until 7pm.=20

  I remember one guy by the name of Johnny Bacheman who played at a =
local New=20
  Orleans bar.  He was a small, lightweight person who played the =
hardest of=20
  any person I have ever seen.  I was on a daily tuning for this piano =
and not=20
  a day went by that he did not break at least 2 bass strings and 1 =
treble.  I=20
  could not have played as hard as he did with a hammer....When you get =
one of=20
  these,  you ask yourself how is it possible?  =20

  not to ramble, but I would suggest a daily touch-up if distance is not =

  prohibitive.=20
  tom mc nabb=20