Getting finger prints off a mat finish

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:38:34 -0500

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 06:21:36 EST Douglasmahard@AOL.COM writes:
> Hi all,
>
> On the newer Japanese pianos with a black mat finish finger prints
> show up
> pretty easily.  Not so easy to get off though, any body have any
> suggestions
> for keeping these cases looking clean?
>
> Thanks,
>
> doug Mahard

Hi Doug -

I concur with the windex suggestion.  Also, water with a squirt of liquid
ivory soap in it works great, too.

I am pretty sure I saw that Cory now makes a polish for satin finishes.
Their polish for high gloss finishes is great, so I would bet the satin
polish is, also.  Schaff carries their stuff, and I think Pianotek does,
too.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com