..stability issue..

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:59:13 -0600

>This can explain also why his G2 in another location held better, tho it does
>not neccessarily explain it. Could be that the Baldwins construction is such
>that they simply dont hold tuning as well. There are many pianos that are
>"weather sick". Nordiska pianos are notorious for this ailment, tho in the
home
>with a DC installed they hold fine.

Hi Richard,
                 The Baldwin model R tends to be a very stable instrument,
and does not shift as much at the tenor end of the bridge with humidity
swings as the G2.  I know I'm generalizing. <G>
In the spring when the snow melts, the G2's in the studios will climb as
much as 30c for the first 5 tenor notes. 10%RH to about 40%RH. I don't see
this kind of swing on Model R's in similar conditions.
>From the description, I would be more likely to put the problem down to
tuning frequency, 2 months is a long time in pro usage. Secondly, the
environment is probably up and down like a YoYo.  Bar owners tend to be cheap.
Tune more often or live with it.
Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.