Jasper American Piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:43:12 -0500

"Anyone ever hear of a Jasper American Piano? ..... Is this a Kimball? "

"The Parent corporation of Kimball is Jasper American Inc. This name was =
used=20
to provide "exclusive" dealerships to more than one dealer in a given =
area.=20

Its a Kimball."

Hey! Does this mean I are arrived as a pie-anna tuner when I can =
recognize a Kimball just by what it sounds/tunes/looks like?

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: VOCE88@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 6:12 AM
  Subject: Re: Jasper American Piano

  In a message dated 11/21/00 10:38:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    Anyone ever hear of a Jasper American Piano? I tuned a 42" console =
today=20
    that was reported to be about 5 years old. It had the name of a =
local small=20
    time piano dealer bolted/nailed/screwed/glued to the plate and to =
the=20
    fallboard. On the front edge of the pinblock top down at the bass =
end was a=20
    little sticker that said Jasper American Piano Company - Model 434F =
- Serial=20
    #J41005. Isn't that like a Kimball model number? The plate had "Made =
in USA"=20
    cast into it at the top. Is this a Kimball? Or is Jasper a company?=20

  The Parent corporation of Kimball is Jasper American Inc. This name =
was used=20
  to provide "exclusive" dealerships to more than one dealer in a given =
area.=20

  Its a Kimball.=20

  Richard Galassini=20
  Cunningham Piano Co. & Factory=20