Unison Width - was stability issue

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:26:09 -0500

Friends,

Have any of you ever had the opposite response?  Once in a while the client will
say to me when I arrive, "It really needs a tuning!"  I start working on it, and
it's really not bad at all.  These are often clients who wouldn't know anything
about tone, and sometimes the piano is one of those that "can't really be tuned,
just made to sound less awful."  I often wonder what is really the situation
here.  Do they remember that it was really out of tune three months ago when it
was much more humid or dry?  Do they just say that to appear intelligent because
a year has gone by?  Thoughts, anyone?