Need disks

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:52:01 -0700

At 07:33 AM 11/22/2000 -0500, Hans wrote:

>Hi,
>The Disklavier wagon grand operating system requires DD Floppy disks. It
>does not read HD (high density) disks. Unfortunately only HD disks are
>regularly available at Office Depot, K-Mart etc. DD disks are still
>available through mail orders. I believe, Yamaha sells them too. They are more

In the early days of 3.5 inch floppies we used to make HD disks from DD
ones by drilling a hole in the corner. Could the reverse be done? If you
cover the hole do they work as DD disks?

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom