Keytop Mat'l, thickness + sspppppppelllllling

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:19:23 -0600

Hi Ron,
            Rarely, we measure the thickness of material removed, and the
thickness of the new material. ( normally about .030" thicker than Ivory)
We then mill the key tops down the thickness difference.  This will keep
the correct relationship with the sharps. If you do not do this, the sharp
backchecks will have to be regulated out of line with the naturals. You can
also run into problems with the sharps fouling the key retaining strip, if
you have to raise them .030".
If the checks are in a line, the sharps will start to bury.
Regards Roger

At 07:40 PM 22/11/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings,     Had a old Ludwig UPright that needs work--+ keytops,   does
>anyone replace  with the same thickness as the old stuff ?
>
>Sincerely,

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213