customer perception - was Re: Unison Width - was stability issue

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:00:27

Ron,

  I just wanted to thank you for what I consider a wonderful posting in
regard to customer service.

  It always amazes me to run across situations where someone who is working
with the public is not, apparently, working for the public.

  There are numerous occaisions where I spend 10 minutes on a return phone
call and the person I called says something to the effect of "I sure wish I
had called you first - no one has ever taken the time to explain to me what
they're doing."  I see part of my "job" as informing and educating the
public.  And, often the time put in pays off in a tuning, some repair work,
or a word-of-mouth referral.  The key is that we don't do it for the pay
off, we do it for the joy of sharing our gifts.  If we happen to get some
good responses because of it, that's just icing on the cake!

   So please accept the accolades of an apparent kindred spirit!

Sincerely,

Tom Dickson,
Professional Piano Tuning & Repair
Regina, SK, Canada