Cents=Lbs

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:54:02 EST

In a message dated 11/23/00 11:30:30 AM Central Standard Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

<< I find that my customers much more readily grasp the
 correlation of Flatness to LOST pounds of tension, rather than explaining
 "Cents". >>

I find customers relate to a percentage. If I tell them the piano is 50% out
of tune (either flat or sharp, but most of the time flat), when normally it
is only supposed to be 5 - 10% out of tune, they can understand the need for
a "pitch stabilization."

You do bring up a very interesting question, however. I have never thought of
using the increased pounds of tension on the soundboard as a concept that
would be of interest to the customer. Does anyone have those figures?

Willem