Cents=Lbs

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:18:09 -0600

Wim, Kristinn,

Conceptually, both of you are correct in your own minds.

However, to be more specific, and within the 100% reference and using
middle C as an example, I currently say, "The piano is (whatever percent
flat) towards becoming/sounding a B," all the while visually pointing and
touching the keys mentioned.

Somehow this works for me and has, thus far, been a completely satisfactory
method for the customer's understanding of a pitch raise, however they
actually perceive it what I say.

If more than 100%, it's on its way to a Bb, etc.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild